2.23.2011

For Shannon

Apparently I'm pretty horrible at keeping this thing updated. I think the problem is that once I've gone a long time without updating the blog I get overwhelmed at where to begin and how to update without getting too wordy! Thanks to the encouragement from a friend, here's my attempt at getting back into this.

The biggest (and best!) change in my life has been the addition of our sweet baby girl. Caprina Brynn was born on October 19th and has truly stolen Bryon and my heart. She is now four months old and is becoming a lot more interactive which has been so much fun. She loves to smile so of course my whole purpose in life right now is to get a smile (and occasionally a giggle) out of her. Bryon works two jobs to make it possible for me to be a stay-at-home mom. I am so grateful for such a hard working husband. He has given me one of the greatest gifts he could give by allowing me to be at home with our daughter.

We are still pursuing moving to West Virginia. We are currently in the process of raising support. It certainly hasn't been an easy process, but it sure is full of blessings! The Lord is teaching us to be patient for His timing. We are confident that HE will provide the funds we need when we need them. Our goal was to move up there this Spring but because it is taking longer to raise support then we had anticipated it'll probably be later then that. You know something really cool though? Our lease for the home we are renting was up in February and we decided to be very up front with our landlord and let her know about our plans to move to W.V. She told us that we can rent from month to month without signing a year contract and without changing our rental fee. This is a HUGE blessing! This means that when we do raise enough support we'll be able to move quickly (all we have to do is give her a month and a half notice). We are continually encouraged by the people that have chosen to come alongside us as we pursue ministry. Whether it's by prayer, financial support or just words of encouragement we have really been blessed by the many people that are teaming up with us. We know that a strong support system will make a huge difference in our ministry. Pray for us as we continue to build this support group.

While we are still here we have committed to leading a small group for the college students at our church. We are really enjoying opening up our home and getting to know the different students as we dig into scripture with them. They are a great group of people (and some of Capri's biggest fans!).

That's pretty much our lives in a somewhat condensed version. I hope to update this thing more frequently so I'm not constantly having to recap huge amounts of time in our lives. (Hold me accountable!)

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Anna! I'm so glad you're back to blogging. Not only is it a great benefit to all of us reading your blog, but it will serve as a good record of various points in your life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I'm aware of your blog, Anna, I am going to try to keep up with it. And that should inspire me to update mine too! I know I haven't communicated much personally with you and Bryon, but you all are on my heart and in my prayers. I sort of have an investment in your ventures!
    Keep moving ahead.
    Jacque

    ReplyDelete